Friday, January 27, 2012

February Challenges!!


So I've decided to follow along with Carla and her TWO challenges for February. Here's the details and I've added my own thoughts/goals in bold!

Here’s how the Low (no) Spend Challenge will work:
1. Choose a financial goal for the month!
- Would you like to build up your emergency fund, save up enough money for something special you’ve had your eye on but can’t afford, want to double up your debt payments, wipe out a credit card completely?! Whatever your goal is, I want to know!

My goal is to ONLY spend the extra $310 for the month that I have for spending money. That will give me $250 to put into my savings for emergency, regular savings, and my new glasses fund! I seriously have too many bills.

2. How will you achieve your goal this month?
- You need a plan of action! Will you be cutting your budget back, cutting out eating out for the month, no “hobby” shopping, trying to earn extra money? Come up with a plan & make it work!

I’m cutting out anything extra—online shopping, buying things for our puppy, lotto tickets, etc.!! The biggest being NO ONLINE SHOPPING!!! Online is killing me lol!

3. How will you allot your spending this month?
- Obviously I suggest a “cash” budget, as you can’t spend what you don’t have! There is no putting it on credit, throwing it on a tab, digging into $$ you shouldn’t be spending, etc… But if you deal with debit cards, credit cards, etc… Go with what keeps you on track! Will you budget daily, weekly, bi-weekly? Find what works best for you & stick to it!

I’m definitely trying what Carla just done. I’m going to allot myself $10 per day—and that’s all. I really want to try this. No using my debit card or credit card 

4. Track your purchases!
- Keep track of your spending. Yes, even that pack of gum that was “only” $.79! It REALLY helps you to see where exactly your money is going!

Okay! Will do!

5. Are there any “exemptions” for the month?
- Do you have any previous engagements, birthdays, events, etc.. that simply won’t fit into the month? Then choose your exemptions & plan from there how you can still reach your goal!
I know I will need a valentine day gift for BF and for my students. But someway, somehow it will have to come from the $10 per day!

Here’s how the Decluttering challenge will work:
1. There will be 4 main challenges for the month. I pick the theme, you pick the challenge!
• Week One: Personal Space Challenge
Finally clean all my clothes drawers to see what I can get rid of. And to tidy up my clothing.
• Week Two: Family Space Challenge
Clean the massive pile of “stuff” sitting on the dog kennel (I use it as an addition to my desk) and store the kennel away as we don’t even use it anymore.
• Week Three: Productivity Challenge
Look at the rest of my year of teaching and try to organize where I’m going and how much time I have left to get everything finished.
• Week Four: The “Dreaded” Challenge
Organize my scrapbooking things. ALL OF THEMMMMM!!

2. Bonus Challenges!
- I will be giving you 4 *bonus* mini challenges throughout the month! Fast & easy to accomplish!

3. Purging!!
- Toss, sell, or donate 29 items! One item for every day of the month in February… Easy as pie!
These will be all clothing items. I’m going to pass them to my mom and let her have a look through them first before I donate them.

4. The Proof is in the pudding!
- If you have a blog, before & after photos of your decluttering projects would be awesome please!!
Will do!

Ok, now for the nitty gritty rules!
1. Please leave a comment on this post letting me know that you’ll be joining in, and please state if you’re joining one, or both challenges!
2. Take (borrow, steal, etc..) my challenge photo from above & post it on your blog along with your goals for the month & please don’t forget to link me up!
3. Commit to updating about your challenge status at least once a week! So 4 updates at the minimum please! Simply post about your progress on your blog & let me know that you’ve updated in my comments section. My blog dashboard DOES NOT show me any incoming links, so I need “direct links” please! If the month goes along and there’s been no updates after the first week or so has been posted, I’ll assume that the challenge didn’t work for you. I’d like to keep the link list page updated & current so we can encourage & follow each other! I also need to track participants for my “bounty” prize at the end of the month!

1 comment:

~Carla~ said...

Great goal! I find that giving myself a daily budget is key!! Excited to see how you do this month! :)